积分

版主

积分
发表于 2016-5-27 18:56:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

中国学生哈佛演讲 双语全文附语言点资源分享~
分享给大家,希望大家学习一下
u=635799791,2279405504&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
以下为演讲全文:

When I was in middle school, a poisonous spider bit my right hand. I ran to my mom for help, but instead of taking to a doctor, my Mom set my hand on fire. After rubbing my hand with several mares of cotton then soaked in wine,she put a chopstick into my mouth and ignited the cotton.
在我上中学的时候,一只有毒蜘蛛咬伤了我的右手,我去找母亲帮忙,但是她没有找医生,却把我的手放在火上面。她用酒浸过的棉纱绕着我的手缠了好几层之后,在我的嘴里放了一根筷子,然后点燃了棉纱。

语言点解析
Poisonous表示有毒的;恶毒的;讨厌的。例句:A lot of poisonous waste water comes from that chemical factory. 那个化工厂排出大量有毒的废水。

Heat quickly penetrated the cotton and began to roast my hand. The searing pain made me want to scream but the chopstick prevented it. All I could do was watch my hand bone, one minute, then two minutes, until my mom put off the fire.
棉纱上的温度很快上来了,我的手也开始发烫。这股灼痛让我想要大叫,不过我嘴里含着的筷子让我叫不出来。我唯一能做的就是看着我的手骨,一分钟过去了,两分钟过去了,直到母亲熄灭火。

You see the Public China I grew up in was a rural village, and at that time, pre industrial. When I was born, my village had no cars, no telephones, no electricity, not even running water and we certainly didn’t had access to the modern medical resources.
翻译:
游客,如果想要查看本帖资源下载地址或者密码,请回复

There was no doctor my mother could bring me to see about this spider bite. For those who study Biology, you may have brought the science behind my mom’s cure: heat deactivates proteins and the spider venom is full of protein. It’s cool how could this folk remedy incorporate with the base of biochemistry, isn’t it?
当我被蜘蛛咬伤时,并没有医生可以来治疗我。对于学生物学的人来说,你也许能找到我母亲治愈背后所包含的科学原理:热量能够让蛋白质失活,而蜘蛛的毒液都是蛋白质组成的。将这个土方子和生物化学基础联系起来很神奇,不是吗?

语言点解析

Folk remedy表示偏方。例句:The active component, willow bark, was used as a folk remedy as long ago as the 5th century BC. 它来自早在公元前五世纪就被用于民间配方的柳树皮,是这种树皮的一种有效成分。

But I am a Ph.D student in Biochemistry study at Harvard, I now know a better, less painful and less risky treatment existed. So, I can’t help but ask myself, why I did’t receive one at that time?
翻译:

Fifteen years have passed since that incident, I am happy to report that my hand is fine. But this question lingers and I continued to be troubled by the unequal distribution of scientific knowledge throughout the world.
距离那个事故发生已经十五年了,我很高兴地告诉你们:我的手现在恢复地很好。不过这个问题在我心里萦绕了很久,我也时常会被科学知识分布的不均衡问题所困扰。
语言点解析

Linger表示:徘徊;苟延残喘;缓慢度过。例句:The girl lingered by the lake until it was dark. 女孩在湖畔一直徘徊到天黑。

We have learn to edit the human geneal and uncover many secrets of how cancer progressing. We can manipulate neuron activity literally with the switch of light. Each year with more advances in Biomedical research, exciting transformative accomplishment.
翻译:

Yet despite the knowledge we had on that, we haven’t be so successful deploying it to where need it most. According to the World Bank, 12% of world population lives on less than 2 dollars a day.
虽然我们取得了很多成就,但是我们却不能将这些成就传递到最需要它的地方。据世界银行统计数据表明,世界人口的12%一天的生活费不到2美元。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

版主

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2016-5-27 18:57:23 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 腹黑天蝎 于 2016-5-27 18:58 编辑

Malnutrition kills more than 3 millions children annually. Three hundred million people are afflicted by Malaria globally. All over the world, we constantly see the problem of poverty, illness and lack of resources impeding the flow scientific information.
每年都有三百万的儿童死于营养不良。全球有三亿的人收到疟疾的影响。在全世界,我们能看到无数的贫困问题,病痛问题以及资源匮乏导致科学信息不流通的问题。
Life-saving knowledge took for granted in our modern world is over-unavailable in the underdeveloped regions. And so, in far to many places, people are still essentially trying to cure a spider bite with fire.
翻译:
【语言点解析】

Take it for granted表示:认为理所当然;视为当然;理所当然;想当然。例句:It's something we all take for granted: our ability to look at an object, near or far, and bring it instantly into focus.  这是一个我们习以为常的事情:不管物体是远是近,我们的眼睛总能在看到物体的时候迅速完成对焦。

While studying at Harvard, I saw how scientific knowledge can help others in simple, in profound ways. The burst through pandemic in 2000 took my village like a spell cast by demons.
翻译:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

版主

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2016-5-27 18:58:58 | 显示全部楼层
Our folk medicine didn’t even have half-mattress offer. What’s more, farmers did not know the difference between the common cold and flu. They did not understand that the flu is much more lethal than common cold. Most of all are also unaware that the virus are transmitted  by animal species.
我们的民间治疗根本找不到解决办法。更严重的是,农民们不知道普通的感冒和流感之间的区别。他们不明白流感比普通的感冒要致命地多。他们中的大多数人都对病毒在动物种类间的传播没有概念。
【语言点解析】

Transmit表示传输、传送;短语transmitted ray表示透射光。例句:He has transmitted the report to us. 他已经把报告传送给我们。

So when I realize that simple hygiene practices like separate different animal species could help contain this kind of disease and that I could help this kind of knowledge available to my village.
所以我意识到简单的卫生治疗方法例如将动物隔离可以治疗这种病时,我可以用这种方式让我的家乡更快接受这种科学知识。

That was my first "aha" moment as a bioscientist. But it was more than that: it was also a vital inflection point of my own ethical development, my own self-understanding as a member of global community.
那是我作为生物科学家的第一次惊叹。不过也不仅仅就此而已:这也是我自身理念提升的至关重要的一个转折,也是关于我作为地球上一员的自我理解的转折。

Harvard dares us to dream big, to aspire, to change the world. Here on this Commencement Day, we are appropriate the thinking of grand destination that wait us .
哈佛鼓励我们有大梦想,去激励我们改变这个世界。在这个毕业日,我们也可以想象等待我们的伟大宏图。

As for me, I am also thinking of the farmers in my village. My experience here reminds me how important it is for researchers to communicate our knowledges, to those who need it. Because by using the science we already have, we can proper my village and thousands like it into the world you and I take for granted every day and that’s an impact every one of us can made.
翻译:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

版主

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2016-5-27 19:00:12 | 显示全部楼层
But the question is, will we make the effort , or not?
不过问题是,我们会不会尽力呢?

More than ever before, our society emphasized our science and innovation, but an equally important emphasis should on distributing the knowledge we had to those who needed.
很久之前,我们的社会就强调过科学和创新的重要性,但是同等重要的,我们应该强调将这些知识平等地传递给需要它的人的重要性。

Changing the world doesn’t mean that everyone should find the next big thing. It can be a simplest to become a better communicator and find more creative ways to pass on the knowledge we had, to people like my mom and farmers in the local communities.
翻译:

【语言点解析】                    
Pass on表示:传递;继续;去世。例句:He has passed me on all the materials which he had got together. 他把已搜集到的材料全交给了我。

Our society also need to recognize that the equal distribution of knowledge is a pivotal step to the human development and we will work to bring this into a reality.
我们的社会也应当明白知识的平衡分布是人类进步不可或缺的一步,这需要我们的努力来实现。

And if we do that, then perhaps a teenager in rural China with a beat by a poisonous spider will no longer burn his hand but will know to see a doctor instead.
如果我们努力了,一个在中国农村的青少年被毒蜘蛛咬了的话,就不用再火疗而是去见医生了。

Thank you !
谢谢!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
发表于 2016-6-1 12:54:18 | 显示全部楼层
表示很震撼,听说是个湖南小伙纸啊,给湖蓝父老乡亲长脸了都
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

学前班

积分
发表于 2016-6-3 21:02:56 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

小学生

积分
发表于 2021-4-24 12:42:46 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

小学生

积分
发表于 2022-3-30 11:15:23 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

阿卡索英语试课大礼包

领取一节外教课|手机版|阿卡索官方社区

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 13:36 , Processed in 0.297327 second(s), 35 queries .