帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
发表于 2015-5-30 15:01:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 freemind 于 2015-5-30 15:03 编辑

How a Password Changed My Life
一个密码改变了我的生活

I was having a great morning until I sat down in front of my office computer. “Your password has expired,” a server message flashed on my screen, with instructions for changing it.
本来早上心情不错,但当我打开办公室的电脑、屏幕跳出“您的密码已经失效”时,我崩溃了——这货又在提示我修改密码了。

Coming up with a new code doesn’t seem like a big deal, unless you work at my company, where we have to change it monthly, using at least one uppercase character, one lowercasecharacter, one symbol, and one numeral. Oh, and the whole darn thing can’t be fewer than eight characters. And I can’t use any of the same passwords I’ve used in the past three months.
想出一个新密码似乎并不是什么难事,但假如你在我们公司上班那就要彻底抓狂了——因为在这里我们不得不每月修改一次密码,还得至少使用一个大写字母、一个小写字母、一个标点符号和一个数字。噢,对了,最气人的是密码还不能少于八个字符,以及不能重复使用在过去三个月内曾使用过的密码。

Suddenly I was furious. What didn’t make it any better was that I was deeply depressed after my recent divorce. Disbelief over what she had done to me was all I thought about. Every day.
我突然觉得很愤怒,尤其在我最近刚离婚,意志正消沉的情况下,更让我感觉不好了。我每天想着的就是怀疑前妻对我做过的那些事情。

That didn’t mean anything to the empty input field with a pulsating cursor, waiting for me to type a password that I’d have to reenter—many times—for the next 30 days. I remembered a tip I’d heard from my former boss. He’d said, “I’m going to use a password to change my life.”
当然这些愤怒,也不能让密码空格处闪动的光标停止——在接下来的30天内、我需要不断地重复输入这个新密码。不过我想起了前老板的一个小建议,他说“我准备用一个密码来改变我的生活。”

I couldn’t focus on getting things done in my current mood. There were clear indicators of what I needed to do to regain control of my life, but I couldn’t heed them.
在现在这种心情状态下,我根本不能集中注意力做事情。显然我需要做些事情以重新掌控我的生活,但是此前我没能注意到这一点。

My password became the indicator. My password reminded me that I shouldn’t let myself be a victim of my recent breakup and that I was strong enough to do something about it.
我的密码给了我很大的启发,它提醒我不能让我自己成为最近崩溃状态的受害者,它还提醒我——自己足够强大、可以对此有所作为。

I made my password Forgive@h3r.
我把我的密码改成Forgive@h3r。

I had to type this statement several times a day. Each time my computer would lock. Each time my screen saver with her photo would appear. Each time I would come back from eating lunch alone. In my mind, I wrote Forgive her every day.
我每天都要把这个密码输入好几次。每当电脑锁屏、屏保出现她的照片的时候、每当我在外面独自吃午饭回来的时候,我每天都在输入“原谅她”。

The simple action changed the way I looked at my ex-wife. That constant reminder of reconciliation led me to accept the way things had happened at the end of my marriage and embrace a new way of dealing with my depression. As the month wore on, I felt a slow healing begin to take place. By the time my server prompted me to reset my password the following month, I felt free.
这一个简单的行为改变了我看待我前妻的方式。不断的提醒使得我接受了这些在我婚姻尽头发生的事情,并能以一种新的方式处理我的压抑情感。一个月后,我感觉到我已经慢慢被治愈。到了下个月、我的服务器提醒我修改密码的时候,我感觉自己终于放下了。

One month later, my dear Exchange server asked me yet again to reset my password. I thought about the next thing that I had to get done.
一个月以后,我亲爱的密码修改弹窗再一次要求我重设密码,我开始考虑下一件要做的事情。

My password became Quit@smoking4ever.
我的密码又改成了Quit@smoking4ever。

I quit smoking overnight.
很快我戒了烟。

This password was a painful one to type during that month, but doing it helped me to yell at myself in my mind as I typed that statement. It motivated me to follow my monthly goal.
在那个月输入密码对我来说是一件很痛苦的事情,不过每次在输入密码的时候都在帮我在思想中抗争,它帮助我完成我的每月目标。

One month later, my password became Save4trip@thailand.
一个月以后,我的密码变成了Save4trip@thailand。

Guess where I went three months later: Thailand.
猜猜三个月之后我去了哪儿:当然是泰国。

Seeing how these reminders helped to materialize my goals kept me motivated and excited. While it’s sometimes difficult to come up with your next goal, keeping at it brings great results.
看看这些密码暗示是如何帮助我、使我的目标具体化的,它们使我受到激励、变得兴奋。尽管想出你的下一个目标有些时候会比较困难,但是坚持下来就能得到好结果。

Here is a simplified extract of what some of my passwords have been in the past two years, so you get an idea of how my life has changed, thanks to this method:
下面是我摘录的一些在过去两年里我使用过的密码,通过它们,你大概能了解到我的生活是如何改变的。感谢这些方法:

Forgive@h3r To my ex-wife, who left me.
Forgive@h3r(原谅她)——给离我而去的前妻。

Quit@smoking4ever It worked.
Quit@smoking4ever(永远戒烟)——完成。

Save4trip@thailand It worked.
Save4trip@thailand(为泰国旅游攒钱)——成功。

Eat2times@day It never worked, still fat.
Eat2times@day(每天只吃两顿饭)——失败。我依然很胖。

Ask@her4date It worked. I fell in love again.
Ask@her4date(和她约会)成功。我重新恋爱了。

MovE@togeth3r It worked.
MovE@togeth3r(住在一起)——成功。

Facetime2mom@sunday It worked. I talk with Mom every week.
Facetime2mom@sunday(每周日和妈妈视频聊天)——成功。我每个礼拜都和妈妈交谈一次。

And the one for last month:
最后是上个月的密码:

Save4@ring Yep. Life is gonna change again soon.
Save4@ring Yep(为结婚戒指攒钱,对、结婚戒指)——我的生活将很快再次发生巨大改变。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

阿卡索英语试课大礼包

领取一节外教课|手机版|阿卡索官方社区

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 06:29 , Processed in 0.106313 second(s), 23 queries .